my gorgeous niece

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thing 22

How I will keep up with Library 2.0 by Loving Swedish Baritones

Why does this feel like "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" from school days long gone by?

Being human, I know I'll just keep up on the things that really interest me and that I can use to help me do my job better. First, this blog will be undergoing a transformation -- I want to change it to a reading blog because I love to share books, to help my fellow (hmm, we're all women....) librarians with children's reader's advisory questions and to keep my hand in at some of the library things (importing photographs, book lists, etc.) For a non-computer user, I am surprised at how excited I am about this project. I was lying in bed a couple days ago and Eureka!-ed, I need to have a poetry books list on my blog. You should believe in miracles, readers!

I'm trying to figure out a way to keep in close communication with my fellow (okay, one is a guy) children's librarians about programming, things that work, things that don't, etc. so we are not constantly reinventing the wheel --time is short and a good idea should be shared.

I was a little peeved at the learn something every day hint here--computers are not the only way to learn something, you know. Broadening my mind and my experience is very important to me (a history of Alzheimer's in my family has me doing everything I can to keep my brain active and functioning) and now using the computer is another way to do it beyond the wonder of books, the joy of good conversation, my magazine-aholism and every other way information comes at me in the day.

This has been an interesting experience and I am so grateful for the help and support of Librarian D.O.A., the Floating Lush, Libba Bray Cormier and Me and The Gilded Giraffe. Thank you very much.

No comments: