my gorgeous niece

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Oh, no, not Thing 17 again

NetLibrary, a very popular feature at my library--I show several people each week how to open an account. I liked the easy searching, the pages are easy to read, the previews of cover, pages, etc. are wonderful. But, I really love the feel of a book in my hands.... This is great for the nonfiction lover, the researcher but the lover of children's literature/cookbooks/craft books isn't well-served by NetLibrary. Again, I'm glad to know this is here and I do share it with library customers a lot but it is not for me.
I have watched webinars at my desk and they are a great (convenient, simple, accessible) way to learn, especially nice since I can decide the time and the place to watch. Webinars would be great for homeschoolers since they offer access to resources that are normally not available to them. Libraries could do some great promotional and educational things with webinars for use in schools and the sky is the limit on where else.

No comments: