my gorgeous niece

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing 17 (yet again)

I tried the Proquest search and nothing in the instructions said search under "topics" rather than do a basic search. The "suggested topics" button is found under a topics search. Thank you to my lovely Libba Bray Cormier and Me cohort for helping me find the correct way to search. (I must say I am doing a lot of social networking by asking my coworkers for help...was that an intended result?). The search steps went smoothly, I emailed the results to myself and to LBCM but downloading the webpage proved to be too much. I selected the download option, got a lovely screen with all of the information but there was not a way to select where to save or even to save at all. Hmmmm.
I think this could be very useful for customers who would like to see the steps of the search and could be easily emailed. As a student, I would have liked this...a lot. I'm glad to know this exists but I'm not sure if I'll ever use it. But then again....

No comments: