my gorgeous niece

Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing 19 (the end is in sight!)

Podcasts rather remind me of radio, which I enjoy immensely. I have listened to MPR podcasts before so this wasn't completely new to me. As far as indexes, I liked Yahoo's best--maybe I just chose good subjects on their index but I got results that didn't required a subscription to listen to. I listened to one of St. Cloud State's podcasts to warm up then ventured on with a movie trivia podcast about Batman Begins (it was The Trivia War) and subscribed to one about cooking (Food for Thought) on my Google Reader account. The screen graphics on some of the podcasts are too frenetic (a headache waiting to happen) but they can be minimized so problem solved. I like that I could listen to the podcast and do other things (I'm tidying my desk today).
I was going to try GCast but the user's agreement was too overwhelming so I guess you are not going to hear my dulcet tones reading a fingerplay. C'est dommage. (That was for you, Floating Lush)
I have been trying to think how podcasts could be used to maintain contact/spread the word with schools, home school families, etc. They could be fun things like a poetry break linked to the library's web page or book talks...there are lots of possibilities. Definitely worth looking into.

1 comment:

The Floating Lush said...

Merci beaucoup. J'en suis ravie. :)