my gorgeous niece

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing 17

At long last, ELM loaded and I was able to take a look at it and its services. I suffered through making a search alert (chocolate desserts, chosen after the book "Skulduggery Pleasant" and the author "Tamora Pierce" didn't seem to work). Once again, my literal mind was looking for the prompts describe on 23 Things on a Stick and once again, those prompts were not on the screen. Once I found the proper link, the process went quickly and smoothly. My GoogleReader account grew by a huge number. Come on people at 23 Things, provide better directions. I fussed and fumed over this step and proper descriptions of what I was looking for would have eliminated more gray hair!
Next came the EBSCO page composer. I did everything in the instructions but when I saved the web page, a message came up saying it might not save properly. And it did not. The title is saved in my folder but clicking on the file opens only the blank EBSCO page--none of my information was there. Weeping and gnashing of teeth. Good idea, simple process but no results. Sigh.

No comments: