my gorgeous niece

Monday, July 7, 2008

thing 11

Social bookmarking...hmm, the things they don't come up with. Del.ici.ous (do people stay up at night to think of these weird names?) is an interesting idea and will be convenient when I am out at the reference desk, straining my brain trying to remember that perfect web page to answer the question that has been placed before me. Signing up was a challenge. Our IT guys have placed so many restrictions on what can/cannot be done on our computers that the installation of the buttons had to be done manually (a big thanks to Librarian DOA for her able and oh-so-patient assistance) but the little buttons are now on my tool bar. Major accomplishment. I think this could be a great way to share information with my fellow children's librarians, who are much more aware of great resources on the internet -- this would be mostly to my benefit since I am a budding explorer of electronic resources. I like the idea of snooping, er, checking on other people's lists--it could be like getting that unexpected great book recommendation from a customer! Hopefully, those little buttons on my toolbar will remind me to use Del.ici.ous and reap the benefits from my efforts.

No comments: