my gorgeous niece

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing 21

All of this online socializing...how do people find the time? I'm always busy doing weeding, planning programs, womanning the reference desk, trying to catch up on all that needs to be done...I just don't have time to be a social being during my work week. Some of this is too cute for me but I did get some good stuff off of Web Junction, things I can really use as a children's librarian. Ning is not my thing...too much like Facebook which admits to being just for fun (and actually seems to be fun, so far though my adorable nephew still hasn't accepted me as a friend...boo hoo) and it was very difficult to sign up: I tried to join at the 23 Things on a Stick page and the sign-up block came up, I filled it out (3 different times) but it was not accepted. I was finally able to sign up by starting at the Ning welcome page. Why did this happen? It was very frustrating. Being a shy person, I don't understand why people put their entire lives, complete with photographs, out on the web for strangers to paw through. This is so invasive to me. I want to choose who and how I share my life. I really don't like social networking. I can see some uses for it in a professional capacity but personally, no way.

No comments: