my gorgeous niece

Monday, June 23, 2008

back to the trading card idea

LaVonne, one of my coworkers who is in charge of an adult reading program, and I were kicking around ideas on Saturday for how to use some of the things we're learning here. I suggested making recommended reading trading cards for her adult program. I made up a sample with the book cover as the picture, the text was a one sentence tease about the story and a one sentence review/reaction from the reader. It looked really nice (sorry I didn't save it because the quality of the photo wasn't good) and would be a nice add-in to the sign-up packet adult readers get when they join the club. Reader's advisory is a favorite part of my job and I like the idea of using technology to spread the word. LaVonne suggested I use my blog to recommend books, make book lists, etc. and I will definitely look into that possibility when I've done all 23 things on a stick.

No comments: